Pecans are not a nut that I use all that often. They usually sit in the shadow of their super hero cousins the almonds and walnuts. But don’t forget these little nuts as they are just as rich in protein and omega 3, as well as being loaded with manganese and copper.
This recipe takes minutes to prepare and you can enjoy crunchy roasted anytime as they store well in the fridge.
Just a warning, these nuts can be moreish, so as always, watch your portion size. Keep nut to no more than 1/4 cup per day, especially if you are on a weight loss program.
Mix up the spices to suit you taste and see what you come up with.
- • 1 cup pecans
- • 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- • 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven to 150°C
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir well
- Add the pecans and mix well until they are all coated with the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and spread out the pecans. Place them in the oven and roast them for around 10 minutes.
- Watch them as they roast to ensure that they don't burn. You want them to darken and crisp up without burning.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.