You know those mornings, you are wanting a healthy breakfast that leaves your feeling satisfied, but the clock is ticking and you best be on your way. Well, worry no more. Here it is…the quickest and easiest pancakes that you have ever made.
So easy, that it only uses 4 ingredients. Yet it still ticks all the boxes for grain free, gluten free, dairy free and paleo. I am sure these easy banana pancakes will become a staple on your breakfast menu. This is also a great way to use up those bananas that are quickly turning brown. Another quick note on using up bananas that are becoming ripe faster than you can eat them. Peel them, chop them up and then toss them in an airtight container in the freezer. Frozen bananas are a great addition to smoothies. They will thicken the smoothie up and will make it nice and cold. They are also the essential ingredient in our Banana Raspberry Ice Cream.
NUTRITION TIP –
For those wanting an extra protein hit, or if you are having these for breakfast after training. Simply add a scoop of your favourite protein powder to the mixture. This is a great breakfast for after training. You will get a hit of healthy carbohydrates from the bananas. After training you have depleted your glycogen stores (stored carbohydrate), so your body will use the carbohydrate from the bananas to replenish these stores. This is the ideal pathway for carbohydrates, rather than them being stored as fat which happens when we eat too many carbs. The eggs provide a complete protein profile which will help to repair muscles and encourage growth.
Whip up these Easy Banana Pancakes and serve them with a dollop of Raspberry Chia Jam and enjoy!
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 banana
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Mash the banana.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk. Stir through the mashed banana, vanilla and baking powder.
- Heat a little coconut oil or butter into a fry pan.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture and spread it around the pan. Let it cook for a few minutes before flipping to cook through on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with a dollop of chia jam.