This is an amazing gluten free, grain free, dairy free banana bread. It is so moist and has so much flavour that is sure to be a staple for the whole family.
The secret with this recipe is the chia seeds. We let the chia seeds soak in the batter for 10 minutes which allows them to form a natural gel-like texture, this is what makes it nice and moist.
What I like so much about recipes likes this is that you can use it as a base and switch up the ingredients to change the flavour. Switch the walnuts for cashews and raspberries for blueberries and you have a delicious blueberry cashew banana bread.
Alternatively if you want it to be school lunch box friendly, just leave out the nuts.
Just a note for those following a low FODMAP diet, this recipe does contain a small amount of honey, however a single serve of this banana bread would keep you within your fructose limits.
- • 4 bananas ripe
- • 6 eggs organic, free range
- • 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- • 1 tablespoon raw honey
- • 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder aluminium free
- • ½ cup coconut flour
- • ¼C cup chia seeds
- • ¼ cup walnuts
- • ¼ cup raspberries
- • 1 tablespoon coconut shredded
- Pre heat the oven to 150°
- In a large mixing bowl combine the banana, egg, vanilla, honey and coconut oil. Stir well to combine. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, coconut flour and chia seeds. Mix well until all the ingredients and combined well.
- Let the mixture sit aside for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds and coconut flour to expand.
- Stir through the walnuts and raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with some extra walnuts and shredded coconut.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Enjoy it warm from the oven with a spread of organic butter and cup of tea.