When the kids are still hungry after dinner and screaming for dessert, I often find myself scratching around the cupboards trying to find something that is both healthy in my eyes and a treat in theirs.
This is where this Banana Raspberry Ice Cream comes in handy. As long as you have a stock of frozen bananas in the freezer, then this treat can be made in minutes at anytime. Any time you have bananas turning a little brown, just peel them, chop them and toss them in a container in the freezer. I also find they are the missing ingredient to make your smoothies and protein shakes nice and thick and creamy.
For some variety you could swap out the raspberries for cocoa powder and make it a choco banana ice cream. Another options could be to just switch the berries for another fruit such as mango, blueberries or strawberries.
Let me know which is the favourite in your household.
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ C frozen raspberries
- ¼ C coconut or almond milk
- dash of maple syrup or honey
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- If it is a little thick, then just add more milk accordingly.
- You can make a larger batch and store it in an airtight container in the freezer.