Banana Raspberry Ice Cream is a staple dessert in our house and we love it just as much as the kids do. It takes minutes to make and tastes great every time.
So to keep your stock of frozen bananas up, place any banana’s that are starting to look a bit old, into the freezer. Or stock up when prices are cheap. The bananas will turn a little brown in the freezer, but this doesn’t matter as the banana raspberry ice cream will turn a beautiful pinky-red from the raspberries.
- • 3 bananas frozen
- • 1/4 cup raspberries frozen
- • 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Slice the banana’s into smaller pieces.
- Place them in the food processor with the raspberries and vanilla.
- Blend them in the food processor. This takes a little time to get the texture soft and creamy. Stop every so often and use a spatula to scrape down the sides. The texture seems to move from crumbly, to gooey, to oatmeal like, and then suddenly it all comes together.
- Serve immediately, store any excess in the freezer.