There are always those mornings when you just can’t seem to get out the door on time. Let alone eat a healthy breakfast. These gluten free breakfast bars are your solution to this problem.
This is a quick and easy baking recipe that will give a tray of breakfast bars that will last the family all week. Better yet, they are gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly. You can even pop them into the school lunch boxes as they tick the nut free box.
Remember, like most of my recipes, you can easily switch out the ingredients to suit your taste and to make your own unique creation.
I hope you whip up a batch and enjoy them too.
- 50gm coconut oil
- 1 Tbs flax seeds
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- ½ apple
- 180gm mixed dried fruit
- 90gm rolled oats
- 70gm brown rice flour
- 20gm desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbs pepitas
- 2 eggs
- 50gm honey
- Pre heat the oven to 180 and grease a baking tray.
- Place the oats in a food processor and blend until flour like. Alternatively you can use store bought oat flour.
- Remove oat flour from food processor and set aside in a mixing bowl. Without cleaning the food processor add the chopped apple and process into small chunks. Alternatively you could grate or finely chop.
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Press the mixture into your greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and then slice into small bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
- *Recipe adapted from Thermomix Everyday Cooking