Who doesn’t love a curry. This is a mild and easy to make curry that the whole family will love. If you enjoy things a bit spicier, just increase the spice to suit your tastes.
Chicken Tikki Masala
- 450 gm chicken breast diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 C full fat coconut milk
- 1 onion diced
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 4 tomatoes or 1 can diced tomato
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs honey
- ¼ C fresh coriander chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine the ground cumin, ground coriander and cayenne in a bowl. Press the chicken into this seasoning to coat it.
- Heat 1 Tbs of coconut oil in a fry pan and add the chicken, garlic and onion, cook until the chicken is browned. Add the coconut milk, garam masala and paprika. Stir well to combine the spices with the milk.
- If a food processor, chop the tomatoes until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and honey to the frying pan and stir well to combine. Let it simmer for around 15 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust with a little sea salt or honey
- Clean the food processor and add the cauliflower florets and process for a minute until it becomes a rice like texture. In a separate fry pan add the remaining coconut oil and sauté the cauliflower for a few minutes to soften and warm it. Season the cauliflower with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice and garnish with the fresh coriander.