- 2 cups 330g canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 230 g spinach
- ½ avocado
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork, leaving some whole.
- Mix in the turmeric and paprika, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Next, add in the mashed chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl, cover with tin foil and set aside.
- Using the same pan wilt the spinach, adding a tablespoon of water.
- Once ready, divide the spinach between 2 bowls, top with the chickpeas and serve with ¼ avocado.