Yes, it is officially Autumn here in Australia, but it is still warm and sunny outside. There is still plenty of time to fit in a few more delicious ice creams before winter rolls around. The warmth of the past few winters really has us eating ice cream round.
This week I had some medjool dates that were fast approaching their expiry date. I really didn’t feel like baking, plus I already had a jar full of bliss balls in the fridge. So I needed something new that was quick, easy and a great treat for the kids.
When I am trawling through amazing websites like foodgawker, I am always inspired by the beautiful and colourful photos of popsicles. Usually I make more fresh juice based ice blocks for the kids. However, ever now and then it is nice to have a creamy treat. Like many of the recipes that I use, this is a great base that you can swap out the ingredients to easily change up the flavours. You could replace the cacao with frozen raspberries for a fresh and vibrant change.
For this recipe I simply threw everything into the NutriBullet, poured the mixture into the moulds, put them in the freezer and voila, Chocolate Dream Popsicles.
- • 1 cup coconut milk full cream
- • 3-4 medjool dates the more you use, the sweeter it is
- • 2 teaspoons cacao powder increase or reduce depending on how rich you like it
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and then poor into popsicle moulds.
- Leave in the freezer until they are set.