Chocolate pizza bark – this dish looks AMAZING! Inspired by many of the chocolate ‘bark’ recipes that are floating around the web, this one has been re-named to be pizza bark due to my kids excitement at the chocolatey pizza looking thing that I making.
The original term of ‘bark’ for this recipe is used to describe that the chocolate layer is as thin as tree bark. What is so great about this treat is that because the chocolate is melted and spread out so thin, you are actually consuming very little chocolate. Instead you are getting nourishment and satisfaction from the delicious toppings that make this dish look so great.
Like all my recipes, I like them to be versatile and adjusted easily to suit your tastes. The toppings that you sprinkle over the chocolate can be anything you want. By including seeds and chopped nuts, you are getting a big mineral hit of zinc, selenium and magnesium. Good quality dark chocolate has healthy fats, without any added sugar. You can boost this dish with a sprinkling of super food powders such as acai, maca, lacuma or maqaui. You could boost your immune system and give it some crunch with some bee pollen. Really the options are endless.
For this recipe I am simply melting down good quality dark chocolate that is at least 85% dark and contains no added sugar. I am working on a home made chocolate recipe, but I am hesitant as the ingredients can be very expensive, yet good quality store bought chocolate can be reasonable.
So get creative and see what you come up with. Enjoy
- • 100 gm 80% dark chocolate organic
- • 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- • 1 tablespoon goji berries
- • 2 tablespoon raw almonds roughly chopped
- • 1 tablespoon pepitas roughly chopped
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a small saucepan. Heat the chocolate over a medium-low heat and watch it carefully. Stir the chocolate to help it melt. You don’t want to leave it unattended as it can be easily spoilt.
- Line a round or square baking dish with grease proof paper.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it into your baking dish and spread it around into a thin layer over the dish.
- Sprinkle the toppings over the chocolate.
- Place the baking dish into the fridge until it is set.
- Chop up the chocolate into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge