This Coconut Chicken Skewers with Asian Salad recipe is a refreshing salad and it is quick and easy to make. It is a great way to include some nutritious Chinese vegetables into your diet. Variety is key to a nutritionally balanced diet, especially when it is so easy to fall into the trap of cycling through the same recipes each week.
Coconut Chicken Skewers with Asian Salad
- 350 gm chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4-6 bamboo skewers
- 1/4 wombok cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- handful fresh coriander
- Cut the chicken into strips and thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Put the coconut in a shallow bowl and press chicken onto the coconut to coat it.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and when it is quite hot place the chicken into the pan
- Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Try to only turn the chicken once to prevent the coconut from falling off.
- In the last few minutes of cooking add the cashew nuts to gently roast them.
- Toss together the cabbage, carrot and capsicum and give it a squeeze of lime juice. Top the salad with the roasted cashew nuts.
- Serve the chicken skewers on a bed of salad and a lime wedge on the side and sprinkle with fresh coriander