Greek Chickpeas on Toast
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- 1 can 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 can 400g chickpeas, drained
- 4 slices bread toasted
- handful parsley to garnish
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat on a medium pan.
- Add shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the spices to the pan and mix well. Next add in the chopped tomatoes and 2 tbsp. of water.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until the sauce has reduced, around 10 minutes.
- Mix in the drained chickpeas, season with salt, sugar and black pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve on the toasted bread with parsley and black olives.
- ⅓ cup (60g) olives, halved, to garnish