Kale and Tofu Salad with Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup 100g purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- ⅔ cup 30g carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- Wrap the tofu in a kitchen cloth and place something heavy on top of it – this will cause the moisture in the tofu to release.
- In the meantime, prepare your vegetables. Toss the chopped kale, grated carrot and shredded cabbage in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Cut the tofu into strips and season with salt and pepper — fry on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Divide the salad between bowls, top with tofu, drizzle with the salad dressing and season with black pepper to serve.