This salad is great for your protein restriction days. Like other salads in this category, you can simply mix through some shredded chicken, salmon or tuna to upgrade it to a moderate protein salad. The tahini mint dressing really gives this salad some depth to it and makes it much more filling than just an oil based dressing.
Don’t forget to drizzle lots of healthy oil through the salad, or even 1/2 a chopped avocado.
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the kale with your hands and massage it will some olive oil. This will soften the kale
- Mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad