Lamb is a favourite meat of mine. It is much lighter in taste and texture than beef, and is a nice switch-out for the typical chicken dinner.
This easy lamb recipe hits all the boxes for paleo, keto, low carb, dairy free and gluten free. It is quick to make and the whole family should enjoy it.
Lamb Kofta with Zucchini Spirals
- 350 gm lamb mince
- 1 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- handful parsley, fresh chopped
- handful mint, fresh chopped
- 1 onion, small finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place mince, onion, garlic, chilli flakes, 1/2 the mint, 1/2 the parsley, paprika, ginger, cumin and coriander in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Shape 1/4 cup lamb mixture at a time into sixteen 8cm-long sausages. Thread 1 sausage onto each skewer. Place on a large baking tray. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Place kofta in either a heated frying pan or under the grill.
- Cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Use a spiraliser to make curls out of the zucchini and squash. Alternatively, you can cut them into thin circular slices.
- Heat frying pan with olive oil and gently fry them until they are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer kofta to a large baking tray. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Serve on a bed of zucchini spirals