This Lemon Chicken and Fennel Salad recipe is a great mid-week dinner that is quick and easy to make. Fennel is such a zesty addition to the salad to make it really stand out from your typical salad. If fennel isn’t for you, then asparagus or corn would be a great substitute.
Lemon Chicken and Fennel Salad
- 350 gm chicken breast
- 1 lemon juiced and zest
- 1 fennel bulb small
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan.
- Slice the chicken in half, width wise. Give them a squeeze of lemon juice and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the frying pan and cook them on each side for around 5 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Zest the lemon to get around 1 teaspoon of zest.
- Toss together the salad leaves, fennel and avocado. Divide it onto the serving plates.
- Top the salad with the cooked chicken and sprinkle with the lemon zest and basil leaves.
Make an extra serve and lunch will be done for tomorrow.