Paleo Granola. Many people feel that breakfast seems to be the most daunting meal to replace when switching to a grain free, gluten free or paleo style of eating. But how wrong they can be.There are so many amazing breakfast options that you won’t even be missing the old highly processed and sugar laden cereals that you have become accustomed to. Many people also feel that they will be having to eat eggs and bacon every day, but again this isn’t so.
Homemade granola, or muesli as we like to call it in Australia, is such an easy thing to make, yet many people feel that it is quite hard. When making your own homemade paleo granola, you can really customise it to suit your tastes. Add in more of the foods you love and leave out the ones that you don’t.
Here is a recipe that will soon become your staple. This paleo style granola is super easy to make and will provide you with a healthy breakfast for weeks. Store it in the fridge in a glass air tight container and it will stay fresh for months.
Serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or organic natural yoghurt, a handful of berries and you will never look back. For those wanting to make their own coconut yoghurt, check out this easy to follow recipe here.
Oh and a handful of this granola is a great snack for any time of day.
- • 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- • 1 cup raw almonds
- • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- • 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- • 5 dried apricots chopped
- • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- • 1/4 cup chia seeds
- • 1/3 cup pepitas
- • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- • 1/3 cup coconut oil
- • 1/4 cup maple syrup
- • 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Pre heat the oven to 170°
- Roughly chop all of the nuts.
- Stir together the coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all of the dry ingredients. Stir through the oil mixture.
- Spread the mixture out on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 10 minutes, giving it a stir half way through. Be sure to watch the mixture so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and allow it to cool. Store it in an air tight container in the fridge.