Rolled Zucchini Pasta Bake
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce of choice
- ¼ cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ cup vegan Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 340 gm pack extra firm tofu pressed and dried
- 10 sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp. vegan Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- Side green salad:
- 4 cups lettuce
- 4 cups vegetables of choice
- 4 tbsp. salad dressing of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the zucchinis lengthwise into long thin strips. Sprinkle each slice with a little salt and place onto a baking tray lined with a paper towel. Set aside to allow the salt to extract any excess water from the zucchinis.
- Place the drained and pressed tofu, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, chopped parsley, vegan Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic cloves into a food processor. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and pulse to rough consistency.
- Pour 2 cups of pasta sauce into a cast iron or oven-proof pan and set aside. Pat off excess water from the zucchini slices. Spread out 2-3 tablespoon of the tofu filling along each of the zucchini slices. Roll up the zucchini with the filling and place into the cast iron pan. Repeat this process until all the zucchini slices are filled.
- Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan and vegan mozzarella. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until pasta sauce is bubbling in the middle.
- Toss salad ingredients together and drizzle with dressing
- Serve pasta bake with a side of salad