Sweet Potato Bean Burger
- 1 sweet potato
- ⅓ cup 60g quinoa, raw
- 400 g can kidney beans drained
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive
- Preheat oven to 210°C and cut the sweet potato into ¾ inch (2cm) pieces.
- Place it in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with ½ tbsp. olive oil and season with salt & pepper, rosemary, and chili flakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool slightly. Then peel off the skin, place in a bowl, and mash the flesh with a fork. Add in the drained beans and also mash with a fork.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the packaging. Once cooked, transfer to the mashed beans and potato, season with salt & pepper, and mix well.
- Using slightly wet hands, form 4 burgers and grease each one with the remaining olive oil. Place on a baking tray lined with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes in 210°C