Thai Peanut Stir Fry
- 1 red capsicum
- ½ small purple cabbage
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups 230g edamame beans or substitute for tofu
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 280 g ramen noodles
- ½ cup 25g chopped coriander
- roasted peanuts optional
- Peanut sauce:
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tsp. maple syrup
- 10 drops hot sauce
- Place a large saucepan of water on the stove and bring to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, slice the capsicum, cabbage and onion into long thin strips.
- Make the peanut sauce by mixing peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, crushed garlic, maple syrup, and hot sauce in a small bowl and stirring well to combine.
- Once the water is boiling, place the ramen noodles into the water and cook as per instructions on the packaging. While the noodles are cooking, sauté the cabbage, red pepper, spinach, onion, and edamame beans for 2 minutes in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the peanut sauce to the vegetables and mix well. Continue cooking until the vegetables are fully cooked, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add into the frying pan. Stir well to combine.
- To serve, place the vegetables and noodles into a large bowl, top with chopped coriander. You can also add some roasted peanuts and a little soy sauce.