This salad can be enjoyed warm or cold and is suitable for the low carb or fasting days.
Thai Sticky Beef
- 250gm grass-fed beef mince
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small chilli or chilli flakes (optional)
- Handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan or wok. Add the garlic and chilli and sauté for a few minutes. Add the beef and stir well until it is browned.
- Add the tamari sauce, lime juice, sugar, rice wine vinegar and fish sauce. Stir well to coat the meat. Continue to cook for another few minutes until the meat looks almost cooked.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage. Stir well and cook for a further few minutes. Once the mince is cooked through remove the pan from the heat and stir through the basil and spinach.
- Serves 2