Most of us struggle to include enough fish into our weekly menu rotation. The healthy benefits of eating fish is undisputed. They are a rich source of essential fatty acids that benefit every cell of our bodies. When buying fish, always look for local caught fish, or if you are buying frozen fish, ensure that is wild caught in a sustainable manner.
Yellow Fish Curry
- 300 gm Firm white fish cut into chunks
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlice minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes optional
- 2 potatoes peel and diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep fry pan.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, cumin, ground coriander, mustard seeds, bay leaf, turmeric and chilli.
- Sauté for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the diced potato and zucchini and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well to disperse the spices through the milk.
- Bring to a simmer and add the diced fish.
- Continue to simmer the curry for around 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Sprinkle the tapicoa flour through the sauce and stir well until starts to thicken.
- Taste the curry and season with a little sea salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves.